Thursday 13 November 2014

Personal expression of creativity

Gran Riviere
Balandra
I have been an art teacher for more than 28years during this time I have exhibited as a student and a teacher alongside my students. It is very difficult to produce art pieces for your own pleasure and expression when you are continuously correcting and guiding students. However I made a conscious decision a few years ago to produce at least 2 or 3 art pieces per year for myself as well as practicing in the field will make me a better teacher.
Balandra
Blanchisseuse
Although I live and work in the city I am happiest near the ocean. My childhood vacations were always spent by the sea. I have an affinity with the ocean which goes back to my ancestors; I learnt to swim before I learnt to walk. This trait was passed on to my children who will still declare that a holiday is not overseas travel but a couple days spent by the beach on the North East coast of Trinidad.

Blue Devils
Stanmore Ave.
My favorite subject matter is water, its translucent nature and the effect of light on water has always influenced me to paint it. My favored mediums are acrylics and chalk pastels. This year’s paintings are from the North coast, Gran Riviere and North East coast, Balandra.  They are currently on exhibit at the Trinidad and Tobago Art Society annual exhibition in Federation Park. This exhibition runs until 20th November, it is an exhibition of the creativity of T&T artists featuring well over 170 pieces of work, a worth while visit.
Bamboo Canyon
La Regalada
Family Portrait









 

No comments:

Post a Comment